Traffic tickets, accidents, insurance Discuss legal issues, emissions testing, illegal modifications, etc....

soo i got pulled over in the MR2

Old 07-Jun-2007, 04:16 AM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
imported_CRXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 812
soo i got pulled over in the MR2

soo first off it started earlyer in the day me and 4 other friends. were all chillin by are cars at a tims and then a cop randomly drove threw slowly stairng at us. soo no worry were not doing n e thing soo he drives down a side street and turns off his lights...like we dont see him

anyways we waited it out too be safe he left too pull over a pontiac soo we just all left. then later on that night me and my other buddy were driving downtown and a cop pulled me over, just me and says "you know we have a drug problem downtown. and iv seen u and ur buddy down here for awhile soo i wanted to check up" soo he checks my stuff comes back and starts awwhhing over my car saying its really nice and all then lets me go no harm done...

then on my way home about 5 minutes later i get pulled over again and the cop comes up and guess what it was the same cop that drove threw the tims earlyer. he says somthing about i dont have a sticker saying "RIGHT HAND DRIVE".

soo i actually laughed at him and said i dont belive that at all officer...and then he said "will you belive it if i give you a ticket right now" soo i said well you show me where it says that. soo he brought back his little book saying "NO RHD STICKER" section soo an such...

anyways he didnt give me a ticket...he didnt even know where too get such a sticker himself he suggested i make one...soo anyone know of a place that makes decals im gonna get somthing that says RHD PIMPIN or somthing he said it can go anywhere on the car or is this sum bull**** this is the same cop that gave my buddy the ticket for his headlights as well dam cop harassing people.

BTW: i know markers gonna come in here and back up the police again. like always im an idiot? the police are ALWAYS right!! and it doesnt have anything too do with me being only 18 and driving an mr2 they would pull over my dad in it too im sure. even though he drives my cars all the time and never gets pulled over for anything like that. but that has nothing too do with him being 57 yrs old (maybe he is a cop )
imported_CRXXX is offline  
Old 07-Jun-2007, 04:28 AM
  #2  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
imported_CRXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 812
actually nvm i found this



63. Every vehicle that is equipped with a right hand drive shall, unless it is equipped with a mechanical or electrical signal device as described in subsection 142 (6), have prominently displayed on the rear thereof, in bold face letters of not less than 50 millimetres in height and of a colour which is in contrast to that of the vehicle, the words,

“RIGHT HAND DRIVE VEHICLE”.


and my car has signals soo the cops IS IN FACT STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!! there you go marker i found a STUPID COP!
imported_CRXXX is offline  
Old 07-Jun-2007, 12:03 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Posts: 18,370
Originally posted by CRXXX
soo first off it started earlyer in the day me and 4 other friends. were all chillin by are cars at a tims and then a cop randomly drove threw slowly stairng at us. soo no worry were not doing n e thing soo he drives down a side street and turns off his lights...like we dont see him

anyways we waited it out too be safe he left too pull over a pontiac soo we just all left. then later on that night me and my other buddy were driving downtown and a cop pulled me over, just me and says "you know we have a drug problem downtown. and iv seen u and ur buddy down here for awhile soo i wanted to check up" soo he checks my stuff comes back and starts awwhhing over my car saying its really nice and all then lets me go no harm done...

then on my way home about 5 minutes later i get pulled over again and the cop comes up and guess what it was the same cop that drove threw the tims earlyer. he says somthing about i dont have a sticker saying "RIGHT HAND DRIVE".

soo i actually laughed at him and said i dont belive that at all officer...and then he said "will you belive it if i give you a ticket right now" soo i said well you show me where it says that. soo he brought back his little book saying "NO RHD STICKER" section soo an such...

anyways he didnt give me a ticket...he didnt even know where too get such a sticker himself he suggested i make one...soo anyone know of a place that makes decals im gonna get somthing that says RHD PIMPIN or somthing he said it can go anywhere on the car or is this sum bull**** this is the same cop that gave my buddy the ticket for his headlights as well dam cop harassing people.

BTW: i know markers gonna come in here and back up the police again. like always im an idiot? the police are ALWAYS right!! and it doesnt have anything too do with me being only 18 and driving an mr2 they would pull over my dad in it too im sure. even though he drives my cars all the time and never gets pulled over for anything like that. but that has nothing too do with him being 57 yrs old (maybe he is a cop )
Originally posted by CRXXX
actually nvm i found this



63. Every vehicle that is equipped with a right hand drive shall, unless it is equipped with a mechanical or electrical signal device as described in subsection 142 (6), have prominently displayed on the rear thereof, in bold face letters of not less than 50 millimetres in height and of a colour which is in contrast to that of the vehicle, the words,

“RIGHT HAND DRIVE VEHICLE”.


and my car has signals soo the cops IS IN FACT STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!! there you go marker i found a STUPID COP!
Mechanical or electrical signal means a device that will either pops up (like a school bus stop sign) or lits up (like your brake light) to show the words "Right Hand Drive Vehicle". The said "signal" is not your left and right signal. Since your MR2 has neither, you have to make a vinyl sticker that says "Right Hand Drive Vehicle" and stick it on the back of the car.

A RHD vehicle has a difficult time making a left turn at intersection, the fact that you can't see the on coming traffic sometimes in a LHD vehicle because a truck or a larger vehicle is across from you shows how dangerous it is. You don't make the turn because you "assumed" there are no on coming traffic, you have to make sure that there isn't. So when the car behind you sees no one coming but you ain't moving because you can't see any (and no RHD sticker to indicate your inability to see beyond the blind spot) is in fact, interferring and blocking the intersection which, if I am correct, is also not allowed.

Being pulled over doesn't mean being harassed. There is a reason why a person gets pulled over. Also, the chances of seeing a police officer on a daily basis is fairly minimal - even if you drive by a station but the cars are still stationary. Timing also plays a factor.

Police is not always right, no one is perfect. But when he pulls out the regulation and was kind enough to give you a pointer and guides you to the right direction to avoid future tickets, I think you ought to be thankful.

And you mentioned you are 18? There is a lot to learn ahead of you, I suggest you do so with an open mind.
Nova_Dust is offline  
Old 07-Jun-2007, 08:03 PM
  #4  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
imported_CRXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 812
sorry too say but you as well are wrong...


subsection 142 (6) says...

A mechanical or electrical signal device shall clearly indicate the intention to turn, shall be visible and understandable during day-time and night-time from the front and from the rear of the vehicle for a distance of 30 metres, and shall be self-illuminated when used at any time from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 142 (6).

edit: also i should be thankful? what happened is the cop ran his mouth too me and then he went back too his car opened the book realized he was wrong soo he brought out a tiny peicie of paper saying "no right hand drive sticker" he didnt wanna look like an idiot...
imported_CRXXX is offline  
Old 07-Jun-2007, 08:05 PM
  #5  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
imported_CRXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 812
also the reason for the sticker is soo if i DONT have signals the people around me dont confus my arm signals out the windows because im on the other side

Dave +1
Police 0

imported_CRXXX is offline  
Old 07-Jun-2007, 09:36 PM
  #6  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 354
Originally posted by CRXXX
also the reason for the sticker is soo if i DONT have signals the people around me dont confus my arm signals out the windows because im on the other side

Dave +1
Police 0

Somehow I have a feeling that you will give them more than enough opportunity to even the score and then some.
marker is offline  
Old 10-Jun-2007, 05:03 PM
  #7  
Registered User
 
imported_Team Rukus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Moon
Posts: 8,921
CRXXX you are completely right on this one.
aslong as you have flashing lights indicating which turn your making you are fine. take it to court and show him how stupid he is BTW chances are he wont even show.
imported_Team Rukus is offline  
Old 10-Jun-2007, 05:18 PM
  #8  
Registered User
 
imported_Joe_98Si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baalllinnn
Posts: 912
This happend to my buddy in his Skyline, he busted out the section of the HTA, showed the officer...the officer then checked the operation of his signals and let him go

this CRX SiR's sticker is great!

Name:  RHD.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  91.4 KB
imported_Joe_98Si is offline  
Old 11-Jun-2007, 11:14 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Xscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: █♣█ Durham
Posts: 11,514
^nice pic
Xscorpio is offline  
Old 11-Jun-2007, 06:13 PM
  #10  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
imported_CRXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 812
Originally posted by Joe_98Si
This happend to my buddy in his Skyline, he busted out the section of the HTA, showed the officer...the officer then checked the operation of his signals and let him go

this CRX SiR's sticker is great!

**** that stickers wicked i want one where they at lol
imported_CRXXX is offline  
Old 11-Jun-2007, 09:47 PM
  #11  
Registered User
 
imported_Joe_98Si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baalllinnn
Posts: 912
this guys local so you should prob use your own creativity and make a different one...too be unique
imported_Joe_98Si is offline  
Old 14-Jun-2007, 03:48 AM
  #12  
Registered User
 
imported_Zyepher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ZeyPh0wn3d
Posts: 5,410
Re: soo i got pulled over in the MR2

Originally posted by CRXXX
soo first off it started earlyer in the day me and 4 other friends. were all chillin by are cars at a tims and then a cop randomly drove threw slowly stairng at us. soo no worry were not doing n e thing soo he drives down a side street and turns off his lights...like we dont see him

anyways we waited it out too be safe he left too pull over a pontiac soo we just all left. then later on that night me and my other buddy were driving downtown and a cop pulled me over, just me and says "you know we have a drug problem downtown. and iv seen u and ur buddy down here for awhile soo i wanted to check up" soo he checks my stuff comes back and starts awwhhing over my car saying its really nice and all then lets me go no harm done...

then on my way home about 5 minutes later i get pulled over again and the cop comes up and guess what it was the same cop that drove threw the tims earlyer. he says somthing about i dont have a sticker saying "RIGHT HAND DRIVE".

soo i actually laughed at him and said i dont belive that at all officer...and then he said "will you belive it if i give you a ticket right now" soo i said well you show me where it says that. soo he brought back his little book saying "NO RHD STICKER" section soo an such...

anyways he didnt give me a ticket...he didnt even know where too get such a sticker himself he suggested i make one...soo anyone know of a place that makes decals im gonna get somthing that says RHD PIMPIN or somthing he said it can go anywhere on the car or is this sum bull**** this is the same cop that gave my buddy the ticket for his headlights as well dam cop harassing people.

BTW: i know markers gonna come in here and back up the police again. like always im an idiot? the police are ALWAYS right!! and it doesnt have anything too do with me being only 18 and driving an mr2 they would pull over my dad in it too im sure. even though he drives my cars all the time and never gets pulled over for anything like that. but that has nothing too do with him being 57 yrs old (maybe he is a cop )
man your badass
imported_Zyepher is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ashtonp24
Traffic tickets, accidents, insurance
50
15-Feb-2009 09:00 AM
hkalltheway
Traffic tickets, accidents, insurance
25
21-Oct-2002 05:30 PM
90EFHB
Chit-Chat
8
15-Jul-2002 11:14 AM
imported_Tmak
Traffic tickets, accidents, insurance
7
27-May-2002 03:03 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: soo i got pulled over in the MR2


Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.