Traffic tickets, accidents, insurance Discuss legal issues, emissions testing, illegal modifications, etc....

2 tickets same time different location

Old 28-Jan-2012, 04:14 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
stefz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 79
2 tickets same time different location

the title says it all, over the summer i got two tickets both at 732 pm on the same day but the locations were different one says i was on the main street, and the other says im at a private address ( it even has a house number on it) my question is should i fight it?

Thanks
stefz is offline  
Old 28-Jan-2012, 07:50 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
D.T.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 4,637
Yes, yes you should. What are the tickets for?
D.T.P is offline  
Old 28-Jan-2012, 08:15 PM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
stefz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 79
no front plate on the main street, and then loud exhuast at some random persons address.... i thinking i can be two places at the same time.....

Last edited by stefz; 28-Jan-2012 at 09:43 PM.
stefz is offline  
Old 28-Jan-2012, 10:34 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
D.T.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 4,637
Did the cop write two different locations as he gave you the tickets? Issued by the same officer?

The exhaust...is nonsense. Because they cannot meassure db so if you get a shop to check it out and get a print out saying nothing is wrong with exhaust they will drop it. No front plate...not sure how to go about that. But one should be dismissed
D.T.P is offline  
Old 28-Jan-2012, 10:42 PM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
stefz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 79
he gave me one ticket then i started my car barely go into gear then he throws the cherries on again then gives me this second ticket but this time puts a house address on it. i moved all of about 15 feet before i got the second ticket. I was thinking that if im at a private address then i can get a ticket from the HTA maybe a bylaw ticket or something. Just thinking out loud
stefz is offline  
Old 29-Jan-2012, 06:02 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
D.T.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 4,637
In that case i think you may be out of luck. Still fight it, but tbh im not sure if the address will help you. The address and by-law wont do anything for you
D.T.P is offline  
Old 29-Jan-2012, 06:11 PM
  #7  
Member
Thread Starter
 
stefz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 79
ahaha ya i kind of figured that i might just drop by one of those ticket people see what they say. thanks though
stefz is offline  
Old 30-Jan-2012, 01:56 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
D.T.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 4,637
Well exhaust ticket can get dismissed since there is no db reading and if you get a statement from a shop saying your exhaust is in order, there is nothing they can do.
D.T.P is offline  
Old 31-Jan-2012, 08:59 PM
  #9  
Member
Thread Starter
 
stefz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 79
That shouldnt be a problem because i got my resonator changed, hmm now this front plate issue. The bumper i had, had no mounting holes for the front plate the guy i got it off shaved them. So now i have them zipped tied could this work maybe?
stefz is offline  
Old 13-Feb-2012, 09:31 AM
  #10  
Member
Thread Starter
 
stefz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 79
ahahahaaha thats actually funny. I was thinking tell the judge ill accept the exhuast ticket, and then tell them i got it fixed and i have pictures to show it was fixed. You think that would work?

Thanks
stefz is offline  
Old 18-Feb-2012, 09:57 PM
  #11  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nelson B.C
Posts: 6
we use to do those kind of vehicle mods years ago and found out that its easier to
simply follow the vehicle standards from the factory and not draw attention to our
vehicle and have to deal with the police and court systems over LOOK at me items

the police have lots of Rules and sometimes when they throw the book at us its expensive and is reflected in our driving records and accident claims if and when

Good Luck we have been there and done that and its not a high for us anymore
because most of the girls that look at us now are looking from wheelchair's
rubenoff is offline  
Old 19-Feb-2012, 01:23 PM
  #12  
Member
Thread Starter
 
stefz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 79
what?
stefz is offline  
Old 19-Feb-2012, 04:33 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mississauga and Woodstock
Posts: 608
Originally Posted by rubenoff View Post
we use to do those kind of vehicle mods years ago and found out that its easier to
simply follow the vehicle standards from the factory and not draw attention to our
vehicle and have to deal with the police and court systems over LOOK at me items

the police have lots of Rules and sometimes when they throw the book at us its expensive and is reflected in our driving records and accident claims if and when

Good Luck we have been there and done that and its not a high for us anymore
because most of the girls that look at us now are looking from wheelchair's
lol...

Originally Posted by stefz View Post
what?
LOL....


Anyways. I would recommend fighting all tickets.

Why didn't you just say it was a stock exhaust and that you had a problem with your manifold? Does it have markings on it?

You should have also said you didn't know the plate was no longer on the car.

Last week I drove at speeds of 85 km on Burnhamthorpe road in a 50 zone. I also went through a light while the whole time this Cop watches.

Pulls the cherries and pulls me over...

Cop-So I saw you went through a Red light?

Me-No I didn't.

Cop-Yes you did, not only that but you we're speeding.

Me-I was not speeding officer and the light was green when I drove past the white line (my bullshit)

Cop-License and registration please

Me-Ok, here's my license. Give me a moment to find my registration (I knew I didn't have it). I know I have it somewhere...

*So I began to waste 20 minutes of his time to which I knew he would say...

Cop-Ok forget about it for now.

*Because if you say you don't have it. You receive a ticket. However if you say you have it but waste a ---- load of time 'trying' to 'find' it. They drop it but request that you show proof to a precinct.

Me-By the way officer how do you know I was speeding? How did you measure I was speeding?

Cop-I noticed I had to drive past the limit to catch up to you (Most idiotic argument I had ever heard from a cop)

Me-So if you had to speed up past the limit. How do you know I was driving past the limit?

*He then begins to throw this fit saying he knew I did wrong etc etc.

He walks away

Comes back with 1 piece of paper stating that I need to show proof of insurance or else he's going to get me with a $5000 fine.

*As he's saying this hes got the biggest grin acting like he suspects I don't have insurance* /End laugh

Police an even some judges trying to throw their 'Authority' upon you. However most of this 'Authority' wins because they use it to hang yourself. Why admit anything if they have no proof? I was speeding? Where is the recording of my speed?

For now, this country is still Innocent till proven guilty. Know your rights and know if your accused of anything, know they only way they'll commit you is if they have proof. OR like the many who just rat themselves out.

Anyways fight both tickets and talk about how when you purchased the vehicle the previous owner says it was stock or say the exhaust leak thing.

Btw, I don't want to come off as a Cop hater. Peel cops are decent people. I remember I walked into Erin Mills and Dundas and this Sargent gave me a Timmies Hot chocolate (It was still Hot! and it was a Medium size!!!). I also respect them as an advocate of Justice.

Metro Police? I'd spit in their coffee first chance I got.

Last edited by HabaneroRed06Si; 19-Feb-2012 at 04:37 PM.
HabaneroRed06Si is offline  
Old 20-Feb-2012, 12:07 PM
  #14  
Member
Thread Starter
 
stefz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 79
ahahahaha, see i doubt ur 19 though. I'm going to fight both tickets regardless just wanted to get some insight from other people before i go.
stefz is offline  
Old 16-Apr-2012, 02:50 PM
  #15  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 8
i think that you may be out of luck and try till d last one.
Jimmijackson is offline  
Old 16-Apr-2012, 04:23 PM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nelson B.C
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by Jimmijackson View Post
i think that you may be out of luck and try till d last one.
Its very tough when we buy vehicles that someone else has modified,
Here in Canada we need to find out what stuff has D.O.T approval, and what the current Govt or state regulations allow us to do otherwise we will be in a conflict in road side inspections, If we have the approvals and regulations in our hands, and show the Police that the mods are approved by a mechanical engineer. There will be no way the police can even challenge that in court The D.O.T approvals are our best guide or a mechanical engineers stamp . Because these questions can be asked in front of a judge and if we cannot show that someone with engineers qualifications and or Safety approval numbers we stand very little chance of winning a court case and the Judge probably will not accept a comment that Billy Bob did the work But what is the regulation or D.O.T approval or engineering approval that Billy Bob is working under ?? Cheers RJ
rubenoff is offline  
Old 16-Apr-2012, 07:07 PM
  #17  
Member
Thread Starter
 
stefz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 79
Thanks, i figured it better to just be honest with the judge tell them that these were are true and i had since got them fixed i have pictures of the exhuast being changed because it was too loud and i zip tied my front plate so i hope the judge see that and tell me to have a good day
stefz is offline  
Old 16-Apr-2012, 07:26 PM
  #18  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nelson B.C
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by stefz View Post
Thanks, i figured it better to just be honest with the judge tell them that these were are true and i had since got them fixed i have pictures of the exhuast being changed because it was too loud and i zip tied my front plate so i hope the judge see that and tell me to have a good day
please keep in mind that the Judge has no technical or mechanical knowledge, and needs to have written information from us from either a company associated repair person or documents from a firm with D.O.T approval or a sworn statement from a mechanical engineer giving his approval for the work completed

we need these items up front to stop the police from having a hay day with after market modifications and creating stress for us on the roadside
there are not required for a normal light out or horn that stops working Just major O.E.M modifications
Have a really nice week RJ
rubenoff is offline  
Old 16-Apr-2012, 09:26 PM
  #19  
Member
Thread Starter
 
stefz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 79
Hmm, good point!!
stefz is offline  
Old 17-Apr-2012, 03:13 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: t.dot
Posts: 3,692
Originally Posted by rubenoff View Post
please keep in mind that the Judge has no technical or mechanical knowledge, and needs to have written information from us from either a company associated repair person or documents from a firm with D.O.T approval or a sworn statement from a mechanical engineer giving his approval for the work completed

we need these items up front to stop the police from having a hay day with after market modifications and creating stress for us on the roadside
there are not required for a normal light out or horn that stops working Just major O.E.M modifications
Have a really nice week RJ
very good advice... note from mechanic got me off an improper muffler ticket last summer
miss_jess is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 tickets same time different location


Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.