Traffic tickets, accidents, insurance Discuss legal issues, emissions testing, illegal modifications, etc....

10 day trip permit??

Old 05-Dec-2007, 02:41 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 31
10 day trip permit??

my 10 day temporary trip permit expires as of today
but i haven't got the safety and emission test yet..
can I extend the 10day temporary permit??
sohnzzang is offline  
Old 05-Dec-2007, 08:02 AM
Senior Member
mr cheesetoe's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hamilton Supercity
Posts: 193
As long as it's insured, you can get as many as you want. I drove my Cutlass around for 4 months on trip tags.
mr cheesetoe is offline  
Old 05-Dec-2007, 08:05 AM
Senior Member
viper_2_4's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 903
I thought there was a limit of like 4 or 5 a year...but maybe not
viper_2_4 is offline  
Old 05-Dec-2007, 08:37 AM
The Infamous Kracker
iTrader: (3)
k_r_a_c_k_e_r's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 28,418
theres a limit of 3-5 a year (or row) I think. I cant remember the number.
k_r_a_c_k_e_r is offline  
Old 05-Dec-2007, 08:42 AM
Senior Member
Cynikal.Mindset's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 23,880
and the car has to be registered in your name...why havent you got your safety and e-test done yet? 10 days is pretty ample
Cynikal.Mindset is offline  
Old 05-Dec-2007, 10:51 AM
Senior Member
fingolfin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,505
how does insurance work for a 10 day permit?
fingolfin is offline  
Old 05-Dec-2007, 11:04 AM
Senior Member
Polkaroo Killa's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fortress of Superheroes
Posts: 7,271
Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
how does insurance work for a 10 day permit?
The same it way it works with regular plates.
Polkaroo Killa is offline  
Old 05-Dec-2007, 11:21 AM
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 61
This just happened to me couple of months ago.

My 94 hatch was in my garage for about 6 months no insurance and no plate(I transfered my plate to my '04 4dr civic). Then i accidentally crack my windshield, about 18" long crack and need to replace my catalytic. I decided to replace the catalytic first so I called my insurance to get a policy# and i did. Then i went to Ministry of Transportation to get a 10 day permit, while there i asked the lady how many 10 day permit im allowed in a year and she said 4-10 day permit.

So i got the catalytic replaced. Then went to a shop to get e-test and it passed. I still have the crack windshield and car does not have safety. So went to Ministry to get a plate # and i got my plate #. The lady from the Ministry did not even ask the safety of the car, she just processed everything for me. I got my car running with cracked windshield(I replaced the windshield two weeks after i got my plates). I dont know why the lady did not ask me the safety, oh well. Just want to share my experience to y'all guys.
to23 is offline  
Old 05-Dec-2007, 12:21 PM
Senior Member
mr cheesetoe's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hamilton Supercity
Posts: 193
Hmmm...Didn't have any problem getting lots of those. Wonder if that is new, 'cause I had my Cut 6 years ago.
mr cheesetoe is offline  
Old 05-Dec-2007, 01:08 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 31
oh it's in the middle of exam period.. lol

and i thought i would pass e-test without any problem

but actually it failed.. so need to get some parts changed..

anyways thanks for your posts!!
sohnzzang is offline  
Old 11-Jan-2008, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Photographer's Corner
Posts: 13,422
the limit is actually four per more than that. the other option is that you get a temporary licence plate altogether ($74 annual sticker fee + $20 refundable plate fee)...and return it when you are done.

i just got my temp plate since i am selling my car.
szuberi is offline  
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
CFz Discussion
22-Jan-2008 06:07 PM
Traffic tickets, accidents, insurance
25-Mar-2007 06:03 PM
Traffic tickets, accidents, insurance
10-Mar-2006 02:30 AM
Traffic tickets, accidents, insurance
30-Aug-2005 12:55 AM
Traffic tickets, accidents, insurance
18-Apr-2003 01:50 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 10 day trip permit??

Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.