Honda Civic Performance - JDM Discussion Engine tech, forced induction, springs, shocks, brakes, tires, etc.

who knows hondas $$$

Old 11-May-2005, 10:45 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
imported_4drEx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: DOWNTOWN
Posts: 396
who knows hondas $$$

i have a question please PM only people who KNOW hondas please
imported_4drEx is offline  
Old 11-May-2005, 10:48 PM
  #2  
J
Registered User
 
J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Durham region
Posts: 2,102
what the hell? everyone on this site knows Hondas...be a bit more specific please, like is it a mech question or what?
J is offline  
Old 11-May-2005, 10:52 PM
  #3  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
imported_4drEx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: DOWNTOWN
Posts: 396
Originally posted by 99blacksi
what the hell? everyone on this site knows Hondas...be a bit more specific please, like is it a mech question or what?

YES BIG TIME..i'm so stressed about this problem i might just have to myself



heres my problem
Changed some things around and now I have a problem ,

when I drive from light to light I sometimes place the car in neutral and now when I do so the rpms donít come down they stay around 3-4 and start to move up by itself I donít get it. Can someone please help me understand whatís going on and what do I do to fix it. YES I tried to return it to the way I had it but no luck. It even does it on the high way
imported_4drEx is offline  
Old 11-May-2005, 10:57 PM
  #4  
J
Registered User
 
J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Durham region
Posts: 2,102
3-4....grand...or like 3-4 hundy?

and this should be posted in the performance maintenance forum
J is offline  
Old 11-May-2005, 11:02 PM
  #5  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
imported_4drEx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: DOWNTOWN
Posts: 396
Originally posted by 99blacksi
3-4....grand...or like 3-4 hundy?

and this should be posted in the performance maintenance forum
dont understand
well it goes up when not in gear <--meanin when i fet out of any gear will starts to go up and not stop until i kick it back into gear even then it sometimes still goes up i have to do that at the most two times

i know it should be Sorry no one knows whats goin on with that problem
imported_4drEx is offline  
Old 11-May-2005, 11:04 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
cibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,184
did you mess with your idle screw? try tightening it back till the revs drop to where you want them just under 1g...



you have to be more specific with what you did in the first place if you want specific help
cibs is offline  
Old 11-May-2005, 11:07 PM
  #7  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
imported_4drEx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: DOWNTOWN
Posts: 396
Originally posted by SilverSiG
did you mess with your idle screw? try tightening it back till the revs drop to where you want them just under 1g...



you have to be more specific with what you did in the first place if you want specific help

just picked up the car from the shop thats all
just did the swap 1st day with it..just started doin last night
imported_4drEx is offline  
Old 11-May-2005, 11:08 PM
  #8  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 130
sounds like a vacuum leak to me check the pcv valve and the rubber tube thats connected to it if you disconnect that the rpms should jump to 4000rpm but if you disconnect it and nothing happens to foudn your problem
imported_sir_crx is offline  
Old 11-May-2005, 11:13 PM
  #9  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
imported_4drEx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: DOWNTOWN
Posts: 396
Originally posted by sir_crx
sounds like a vacuum leak to me check the pcv valve and the rubber tube thats connected to it if you disconnect that the rpms should jump to 4000rpm but if you disconnect it and nothing happens to foudn your problem

Donít know were to locate that
imported_4drEx is offline  
Old 11-May-2005, 11:17 PM
  #10  
Registered User
 
imported_EM1Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: In a tree
Posts: 320
ok..so you need 2 threads for this?
imported_EM1Turbo is offline  
Old 11-May-2005, 11:19 PM
  #11  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 130
ok pcv vavle is located on the SIR intake manifold near the injectors it looks like a L shape black plastic small pipe with about half inch tube connected to it
imported_sir_crx is offline  
Old 12-May-2005, 08:15 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
imported_Cablerat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pickering
Posts: 3,984
It's probably not your throttle cable. When your car off and the pedal is totally released check to see if the throttle is totally closed.

I had an H22 Civic and I continued to use the Civic throttle cable no problem.

I don't understand why people who know nothing about cars go and get swaps... Take it back to the shop cuz you'll probably end up screwing it up more.
imported_Cablerat is offline  
Old 12-May-2005, 08:54 AM
  #13  
Registered User
 
imported_GoldBadge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 3,474
Originally posted by 4drEx



just picked up the car from the shop thats all
just did the swap 1st day with it..just started doin last night
Take it back to the shop and explain to them what is going on and they should be able to correct their mistake. Judging by other peoples' experiences with shops and swaps, I wouldn't touch a thing if I were you. My recommendation is to take it back to whoever did the work and get them to fix THEIR mistake. Just don't be a dick and yell at them and I'm sure they would be glad to help you.
imported_GoldBadge is offline  
Old 12-May-2005, 03:12 PM
  #14  
-- site donator --
iTrader: (2)
 
bbarbulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: not Toronto
Posts: 27,687
Originally posted by Cablerat
I don't understand why people who know nothing about cars go and get swaps...
cuz it's the cool thing to do. once they realize how high maintenance these cars are, they'll start selling them off, so in 2-3 years we should see a flood on the market of beat up modified hondas.
bbarbulo is offline  
Old 12-May-2005, 04:11 PM
  #15  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
imported_4drEx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: DOWNTOWN
Posts: 396
Originally posted by Cablerat
It's probably not your throttle cable. When your car off and the pedal is totally released check to see if the throttle is totally closed.

I had an H22 Civic and I continued to use the Civic throttle cable no problem.

I don't understand why people who know nothing about cars go and get swaps... Take it back to the shop cuz you'll probably end up screwing it up more.
everyones new at one point and just because you have a gift of knowin hondas does not mean I or anyone else on this site will not know more then you...keep youR A$$ closed and dont reply
imported_4drEx is offline  
Old 12-May-2005, 05:28 PM
  #16  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,854
when you get your car revving around 3 grand..take your foot off the gas pedal, turn the key to "off"..then start it back up again


thatll set ya straight
stock94block is offline  
Old 12-May-2005, 05:51 PM
  #17  
Registered User
 
SiR_88crx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: sauga
Posts: 2,139
Re: who knows hondas $$$

Originally posted by 4drEx
i have a question please PM only people who KNOW hondas please
hahah that made my day lololol
SiR_88crx is offline  
Old 12-May-2005, 06:08 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
imported_Cablerat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pickering
Posts: 3,984
Originally posted by 4drEx


everyones new at one point and just because you have a gift of knowin hondas does not mean I or anyone else on this site will not know more then you...keep youR A$$ closed and dont reply
There's a difference between new and being a total idiot. Go back and read your posts, then put yourself on the other side of the fence.. What would you think..

MR "Changed some things around and now I have a problem "

very clear...

Good luck with the GSR Civic.. Hope you fix it soon so you can get back to enjoying that MaD TiT3 VTeCH y0!
imported_Cablerat is offline  
Old 12-May-2005, 06:28 PM
  #19  
Registered User
 
spracingsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 6,405
an attitude will not get you anywhere on this site, but on people's **** lists
spracingsports is offline  
Old 12-May-2005, 07:05 PM
  #20  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
imported_4drEx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: DOWNTOWN
Posts: 396
Originally posted by Cablerat


There's a difference between new and being a total idiot. Go back and read your posts, then put yourself on the other side of the fence.. What would you think..

MR "Changed some things around and now I have a problem "

very clear...

Good luck with the GSR Civic.. Hope you fix it soon so you can get back to enjoying that MaD TiT3 VTeCH y0!

THANKS i know what you mean...i did something dumb but i FIX it now TPS SENOR BROKE so i took it off my old engine now its fixed


THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP
imported_4drEx is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: who knows hondas $$$


Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.