Honda Civic Performance - JDM Discussion Engine tech, forced induction, springs, shocks, brakes, tires, etc.

Engine Light.......

Old 28-Jul-2005, 11:29 AM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
civic_integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TdotO
Posts: 494
Engine Light.......

OK FOLK'S HERE'S MY PROBLEM ...
ALL DA TIME I START MY CAR ATLEASE BETWEEN 3-5MINS ENGINE LIGHTS WILL POP UP...THEN MY CAR DIEs ...I JUST RECENTLY DID A SWAP SO I THINK IT'S AN ECU PROBLEM BUT IT IS NOT....OR IT COULD BE SOMETHING ELSE ....HELP PLS?????THANKS TCC
civic_integra is offline  
Old 28-Jul-2005, 11:36 AM
  #2  
-- site donator --
iTrader: (2)
 
bbarbulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: not Toronto
Posts: 27,687
I think I know what the problem is. You have your caps lock on.
bbarbulo is offline  
Old 28-Jul-2005, 11:42 AM
  #3  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
civic_integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TdotO
Posts: 494
CAPS LOCK ON?????? WHAT IS THAT SORRY.......DONT KNOW
civic_integra is offline  
Old 28-Jul-2005, 11:50 AM
  #4  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: the hammer
Posts: 78
lol....CAPS LOCK....its on the left side of the keyboard under the TAB button and above the SHIFT button.
Well what engine did you put in what car?
Check the ecu code by jumping the service connector. Long flash=10 and short flash=1.
So if you get 2 long flashes and 3 short ones that means its a code 23.
crvtecEG is offline  
Old 28-Jul-2005, 12:40 PM
  #5  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
civic_integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TdotO
Posts: 494
caps lock lol............. what is dis have to do w/ my engine light.lol
civic_integra is offline  
Old 28-Jul-2005, 01:45 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
imported_Cablerat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pickering
Posts: 3,984
When your engine light comes on, basically that means there are some error codes. You need to tell us what the codes are before we can help you at all.

For a 95 Civic, look under the passenger kick panel. There's a 2 PIN plug. short the plug with a wire and then turn the key to ignition.. Your engine light will start to blink. short blinks = 1, long = 10. Then longer delays between blinks means a new code.

So 3 short blinks and 2 long blinks = 23.

If you can't get that for us, then honestly we can't help you. If you did do a swap, take it back to the shop or whoever did it.
imported_Cablerat is offline  
Old 28-Jul-2005, 01:48 PM
  #7  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
civic_integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TdotO
Posts: 494
Originally posted by Cablerat
When your engine light comes on, basically that means there are some error codes. You need to tell us what the codes are before we can help you at all.

For a 95 Civic, look under the passenger kick panel. There's a 2 PIN plug. short the plug with a wire and then turn the key to ignition.. Your engine light will start to blink. short blinks = 1, long = 10. Then longer delays between blinks means a new code.

So 3 short blinks and 2 long blinks = 23.

If you can't get that for us, then honestly we can't help you. If you did do a swap, take it back to the shop or whoever did it.
thanks buddy I think i have pr4 ecu but yes i will diffenately do that...thanks dude..
civic_integra is offline  
Old 28-Jul-2005, 04:01 PM
  #8  
-- site donator --
iTrader: (2)
 
bbarbulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: not Toronto
Posts: 27,687
Originally posted by civic_integra
caps lock lol............. what is dis have to do w/ my engine light.lol
nothing. it's just annoying as hell to see a post in all CAPS, therefore I refuse to help.
bbarbulo is offline  
Old 28-Jul-2005, 04:51 PM
  #9  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
civic_integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TdotO
Posts: 494
Originally posted by bbarbulo


nothing. it's just annoying as hell to see a post in all CAPS, therefore I refuse to help.
thank you!!!...mai badd
civic_integra is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jdmnsx
Honda Civic (+ other) Parts/Accessories for Sale or Trade
0
28-Apr-2009 05:57 PM
imported_winner007
Honda Civic Performance - JDM Discussion
9
21-Apr-2007 12:39 AM
ds2chan
Custom Honda Civic Exterior - Lighting
8
30-Apr-2006 10:41 PM
imported_Thrill_House
Custom Honda Civic Exterior - Lighting
6
09-Oct-2004 04:42 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine Light.......


Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.